Skip to main content


If you, or someone you know, is struggling with the costs of daily life and is behind in rent, there is help

Toronto 211 is a help line and website which provides information about social services available in the GTA. The 211 help line is attended 24 hours a day and is free and confidential.

Toronto 311 provides easy access to non-emergency City services.

Below you will find some helpful links to services or organizations that the OCHE has connected tenants with in the past:

Client Supports


The Hub: Community Hubs of Toronto
City of Toronto Human Services
Variety Village
Warden Woods

Health/Dental Care

City of Toronto - Free Dental Care
Local Health Integration Network
CannTrust Access

Affordable Food Options

The Good Food Box
Daily Bread Food Bank

Discounted Internet for TCHC Tenants

Connected to Success


Veterans Affairs (VA) / The Royal Canadian Legion

Financial Resources

Get help managing your finances

Voluntary Trustee – Evangel Hall
Voluntary Trustee – Neighbourhood Information Post
Credit Counselling

Apply for income

Ontario Works (OW)
Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
Canada Child Benefit (CCB)
Trillium Drug Program (TDP)
Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
Old Age Security (OAS)

Get help paying off your arrears (owed rent)

Housing Stabilization Fund (HSF)
Rent Bank PDF


The Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
The Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP)
City of Toronto's Emergency Energy Fund


Need free legal advice?

Community Legal Clinics
Advocacy Centre for Tenants Ontario

Have a complaint about a City or Provincial service?

Toronto Ombudsman
Ontario Ombudsman

Need information about your rights as a tenant?

Community Legal Education Ontario
Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation
Advocacy Center for the Elderly

Check the status of your file at the Landlord and Tenant Board

Social Justice Tribunals Ontario

Still looking for the information you need?