We value your needs
Our team recognizes the value of every individual and that everyone's situation is unique.
Our Early Resolution Officers use the "OCHE approach" to understand the challenges that have caused your rent arrears (unpaid rent) and will work with you to find a solution.
We have helped many tenants who were behind on rent payments due to unforeseen medical expenses, losing their job, or not being able to complete the paperwork required for their annual Household Income and Assets Review Form.
- Educate tenants on the eviction process.
- Identify supports that may be available for tenants.
- Link tenants to other community partners to resolve issues if needed.
- Meet as needed within 45 business days to help tenants resolve their challenges.
- Help identify the reasons for arrears (unpaid rent).
- Link tenants to community partners if they need long-term support to help keep them in their homes.
- Identify if tenants are eligible for any funding assistance to help with overdue rent.
- Help tenants look at their expenses and develop a financial plan.
- If a tenant wishes, we will help connect them with family and friends for support.
- Work with TCHC and tenants to agree on an amount tenants can afford to pay each month towards their overdue rent.